Tuesday 5 January 2016

Taking pictures

If I ever want to release this, I need to take pictures and I need some video for a trailer. Can't just expect people to buy the game on screenshots alone, right?

Playing through the game, taking screenshots normally just wasn't doing it - so I made a few interface shortcuts that allow you to pause the game, detach the camera and hide the UI. Let's call it Photo Mode. It really helps in showing off the game, and it's obviously available to players as well.

Warping from sector to sector
So cinematic
So comfy
Warping from solar system to solar system
As usual, bugfixing. Had to rewrite the way fleets are positioned in sectors - turns out you can't just assign a transform, use it to place objects and delete it on the same frame. Also turns out you can't just have saved files anywhere, so now they're stored in My Documents along with screenshots.

No comments:

Post a Comment